Tuesday 2 January 2018

My 30 favourites from this year

It was my big 3-0 this year and what an amazing year this has been. It's been one with a lot of changes for me personally and also as a family. I haven't blogged in ages but that is one of my New Year Resolutions - more on that in another blog coming up!!! I have put together 30 of my favourite things from 2017, which was hard to focus in on 30 things alone!!

1. I started this year being heavily pregnant and I'm grateful for having a healthy pregnancy.



2. With Jackson, I ended up having a C-Section, so with Florrie I wanted to have a natural birth, mainly because I wanted the recovery to be better (not that it was that bad with Jackson but it is still surgery and you do have to get a lot of rest). Amazingly, I managed to achieve this and I was right about the recovery, it was so much easier!!!

3. We had a beautiful, healthy baby girl, Florence Lucy.


4. Gigi came to visit, when Florrie was a few weeks old, to meet her first great granddaughter. Not many people can say that they have 2 great grandchildren!!

5. My baby boy turned 2, how did that happen? And it now wont be long until he's 3!!!


6. Jackson's birthday fell on Mothers Day, so we celebrated Mama's day a week later and we had a lovely day out.

7. We celebrated my baby niece's 2nd birthday and just like with Jackson, I found myself asking, how is she 2 already?!!!!

8. We had easter Sunday, round my mum's with all the family.



9. Before Florrie was born, we booked a cheeky Centre Parcs trip and it did not disappoint, it was so much fun to spend time as a family of four.


10. Chris and I had our first proper date night since Florrie arrived and we went to Tom Kerridge's 'Pub in the Park', a pretty amazing first date night! 

11. We took the kids to their first festival, 'Rock the Moor' in Cookham.  


12. We went on holiday to Greece. Unfortunately, Chris had to stay back for a few days but joined us later on for just under a week.


13. Florrie's underwater photo shoot - I loved this and the photos were brilliant, apart from one where she looked drunk, haha! 


14. We celebrated Chris' birthday by all going up to London together.


15. Florrie and I went on my Sister's hen party, she may have been the youngest hen ever!!!

16. And of course, seeing my sister and Andy get married was a massive highlight. Jackson was a page boy and Florrie a flower girl.



17. After coming back from a swimming lesson with Water Babies, I emailed the office saying that I wanted to join the team. A few weeks later I had started my training. 

18. Chris and I celebrated our 5 years of marriage and we couldn't be happier!!

19. With the kids being so young we chose to go away the four of us for our anniversary, so I hired a cart in a middle of a field. Call me crazy but it worked brilliantly and it was so much fun. It was lovely seeing Jackson playing outside the whole time!



20. With the Waterbabies training, it also included a whole 7 nights away down in Devon. It was a decision that I did not take lightly but I was so proud of myself!!!! It was so difficult leaving the kids and I missed them so much but I learnt tons and definitely grew as a person, which sounds cheesy but true.

21. We went to Spain with a couple of our friends and had such a lovely time.



22. When Florrie was 8 and 1/2 months, I stopped breastfeeding. My goal was to get to 6 months and I exceeded that.

23. I completed my Waterbabies training in record time and started actually teaching, which I am loving!

24. This year I have also started running and I participated in the Santa Fun Run 5k.

25. I saw my gorgeous niece, Olivia, in her first Christmas play. She was a star and she did so well!


26. Chris and I took the kids to see Santa at Odds Farm and this is the first year that Jackson has really got into the whole Santa fun!


27. We were away for Christmas so we did a 'Corbitt Christmas' with the family at our house. We cooked the whole Christmas dinner and exchanged early presents, which Jackson was grateful for of course! 

28. We went to Hensol, near Cardiff, for Christmas and spent a week in a giant house with all of my family. It was so lovely to be in one place all together. 


29. And of course the actual big day itself was brilliant. Spending the morning in our pj's, playing with all of the kids' presents and then all of us cooking dinner together was really special.


30. My birthday was pretty amazing, I got spoilt by all of my family and friends! 


Love Sophia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment