Sunday 3 April 2016

Jackson's first birthday!

Our little baby turned 1 on the 26th March. We decorated the house the night before with green and blue pompoms and banners. We also got a giant number 1 balloon on the day which was bigger than Jackson!


Of course, Chris and I got him lots of presents, including a couple of puzzles, books and a few toys. His main present from us was a bear that we had made using his old baby grows.  It turned out so lovely and was such a good idea, it was also so much bigger than I expected! 

We also brought him number One PJ's to wear to bed the night before, which were from Next.


We had a mini party with all of our family and a very few friends to celebrate. Chris' immediate family is big so whenever we have a family do it is always quite large gathering!


I also made a cake for the special day. I used to really like making them but when it came to the decoration part, I always got a bit bored. However, I was really happy with how it came out; I also think my family were quite surprised that I had made it! 


And of course Jackson got to try a bit!!


He got soooo many lovely presents from everyone, which I am still trying to find homes for (our house is now like a playground)! 


A new thing that I heard of recently for a first birthday, is cake smashing, so a friend of ours bought another cake for Jackson to have a go with! He didn't quite react how I expected him to at first as he wasn't too sure on getting messy. 



But he slowly got into it and started to enjoy it! 









It was such a lovely day, Jackson was teething and only had a 20 min nap in the morning, so was not on top form but he seemed to enjoy it all the same. Lets be honest, 1st birthdays are always more for the mummy's and daddy's anyway and we had a blast!!!!

Love Sophia xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment