Thursday 15 August 2019

Slimming World

After I had Florence, I joined Slimming World to lose the baby weight for my sister's wedding. Now, after Elliot has joined our family, I have done the same but this time with the knowledge that I will not be having any more babies! I started on the 6th May and I had put on the most that I have put on out of all of my pregnancies - a whole 2st more than my pre- Elliott weight. So far, I have managed to lose an amazing 1 stone and 7lbs, bringing me only 7lbs away from my 'target', which to be honest I might now move down another stone. 

I haven't found it too difficult so far as I am still breastfeeding so I am allowed more dairy, which is your 'Healthy extra A'. To be honest I am allowed so much of it that I don't keep count! 

Here is an example of my meals each day: 

Breakfast: Blueberry Wheats with extra blueberries and skimmed milk.
Mid-morning Snack: Banana. 
Lunch: Pasta with lots of veggies. 
Mid-afternoon Snack: Melon. 
Dinner: Tandoori kebabs, rice and salad.
Evening Snack: Yogurt, fibre one bars and berries. 

The biggest thing that I have changed is eating more regularly, so mid-afternoon the tiredness and hunger doesn't kick in, which is when I would usually head for the biscuit tin. 

I have been using a lot of the Pinch of Nom recipes - they are so easy to follow and full of flavour. 

One thing that I am really struggling with is trying to fit in exercise! I have started the Body Coach's 7 Day Challenge (only 15mins per day) but I as I write this I am only on day 3 and already struggling to walk, haha! 

Recipes that I have loved are: 

http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-chicken-tandoori-kebabs-slimming-world/

https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/spaghetti-carbonara

I keep giving myself mini targets, this month's being to get to the next stone bracket, for which I have another 3 pounds to do in 2 weeks. The next one will be to get to target, even though I have already mentioned that I want to lower it, which makes it about 7 pounds in 4 weeks. I think that it will be harder now I am getting close to pre-pregnancy weight, plus now it is the school holidays but I will give it my best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment