Friday 16 June 2017

Positive Morning

Having 2 children under 3 can be manic at times, especially in the mornings. Having a positive morning can make the day go so much better so I wanted to share some of my tips to get a good start to the day. I don't necessarily have time to do all of these every day but I do try!

Make lists
I have always loved a good list (sad I know!). I have yearly lists, monthly lists, daily lists, lists for my children and lists for my blog. Each evening before bed, I make a 'To Do' list for the next day and I then check this in the morning, normally when brushing my teeth. It makes me feel more in control of the day and the sense of achievement when I get to cross each thing off is brilliant! 

Tidy up the night before
I have to admit that this is Chris' job - he ensures that the living room and kitchen is clean and tidy before bed. This just means that when I get up in the morning, I don't come down to a messy house. 

Get up before the kids
I am pretty lucky that my kids aren't 5:00am wakers, as they generally get up between 7:30-8:00am, so as soon as I hear Jackson stirring I jump out of bed, shower and get ready for the day. I have learnt to do this incredibly quickly by now!

Get everything ready the night before
When Chris is bathing Jacks and Florrie, I generally get their clothes out, ready for the next day. I used to do this for myself too when I was working but now I have a limited amount of clothes that fit or are suitable for breastfeeding, so it's easy for me - whatever is clean will do! I also make sure that the changing bag is packed ready for the next day's activities. 

Open the curtains 
If you're like me and your house is like a fish bowl where everyone can see in, opening the curtains after your dressed is the only option! ;) 
But opening your curtains and a window lets the natural light and fresh air flow through the whole house and makes you feel a lot fresher. 

Breakfast
Before I fell pregnant with Jackson, I would often miss breakfast. However, now I couldn't go without eating something. I try to make sure I have a healthy breakfast and it means that you are not thinking of picking on food later and you are more alert for the day.

Make up
This doesn't necessarily have to be a full face of make up but doing something that makes you feel more put together really helps. This could include doing your hair, applying some make up or wearing something nice. I don't do this every day though, as I do have make-up free days in my PJ's when nothing is planned!

Remove make up at night
This goes on from the last one, making sure that before bed you take off your make up. This is something that I have always done but the rare days that I haven't brings a real shock when I wake up in the morning and see my face!!! Not a pretty sight.

Make the bed
When I wake up, I leave the duvets at the end of the beds to let them air for a bit. After breakfast I generally then head upstairs and make the beds. This automatically makes the rooms look neater and more organised. I also think that getting into an unmade bed is not nearly as satisfying. 

Let me know if you have any more tips! 

Love Sophia xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment