Tuesday 15 March 2016

Update

The last month has been a whirlwind of mixed emotions. After a lot of discussion and thought, I have made the decision not to return to my old job and have handed in my notice! It all just felt too soon to be leaving Jackson. I enjoyed my job while I was there and it might be something that I will return to in a few years but right now, I want to focus all of my time on my family. I am, however, going to do a bit of child-minding to help bring in a bit of extra money and have recently started the long process of getting Ofsted registered! Some of you may know but in a previous life I was a Nanny and really enjoyed it, so it’s not going to be something completely out of the ordinary for me.

We also started planning for the little man's birthday! I can’t believe that in a couple of weeks he will be one whole year old!!! When I had previously looked after babies, they seemed tiny for so long but when they are your own and you have a tiny newborn, you realise that they are only newborns for such a short period of time. Already I can see Jackson understanding more and more of what I say and each day he shows me more of his personality.

We are not going to do anything too big for his first birthday - just some close family and friends will be coming over to our house for a little party and of course there will be cake which we will let Jackson have some of (something I am sure that we will regret once the sugar kicks in!).

Another exciting event happening this week is our trip to Budapest for a long weekend. Chris amazingly won this through work and due to this, a lot has been organised already for us which is brilliant, especially when you have a baby. I am hoping to do some vlogging when I am there to capture some of the trip. I have to admit that I am a little nervous about the flight this time, as last time he was so little and he loved just having cuddles. This time, he’s a lot older and enjoys crawling around and exploring way more than having cuddles! I think that if he was walking I would feel a lot more at ease as he would be able to walk around the plane but the idea of him crawling on the floor doesn’t seem like something I’d want him to do! The flight isn’t too long though, only 2 and ½ hours, so I will just bring a huge amount of snacks.

I am really enjoying blogging and vlogging at the moment. I love that my family who are not local can see what we get up to and, of course, what an amazing diary it creates to show Jackson when he is older or for me to watch and read back when I am in my retirement home! I am aiming to blog and vlog once a week but I am just going to go with the flow and if I feel like doing more, I will, and if I fancy some time off, I will have a break.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and watch my blogs and vlogs.

Much love

Sophia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment