Friday 14 September 2018

Open letter to Jackson - July

Dear Jackson,

I am not sure that I have written you a letter since you first became a big brother, which is just madness! In that letter, I talk about the mum guilt and how I'm worried that you might feel pushed out being a big brother, which is something I did not need to worry one bit! You've been fantastic and recently you've become such a caring big brother, although it's a shame it's come at the same time as Florence being 'Miss Independent' and not wanting any help what so ever! 

You have now started preschool and are doing sooooooooo well!!!! You absolutely love it and have a special soft spot for your key worker, however you do call her 'my lady' which I am not sure where you have got it from and it does sound a little degrading (but does make your Dada and I laugh in private). You also tell me you don't have friends in preschool, just 'my people', HAHA! Where do you get these sayings from! 

Probably the best thing ever at the moment is that you randomly come up to me and give me a cuddle and say you love me or that I'm your best friend - you've become so caring! Don't worry, you do still shout at me and give me a slap from time to time but the affection side is breaking through more and more. 

We finally managed to get your hair cut this week, something we have both been dreading!! It's still long but just a little tidier! It's been over a year since the last cut so it was well over due. I'm going to keep it long until you tell me otherwise but at the moment you are totally on board with it and tell me regularly that you love your hair. You also tell me your hair loves my hair and vice versa, haha! 

We have such an exciting summer a head of us filled with weddings, holidays and a lot of fun days planned. Plus, so far, we are having the best weather ever!!!! It's high 20's most days for what seems like ages - fingers crossed it stays that way when we are back from our holiday. 

Your Dada and I love you so much!

Lots of love 
Mama xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment