Monday 14 January 2019

My Cleaning Routine

Everyone knows that I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to cleaning (ok, a massive geek!!!). For ages, I have had a cleaning routine, as I just find it easy to stick to and of course, it doesn't matter if sometimes I miss days or mix it up a bit. A few months back, I came across https://www.theorganisedmum.blog/ and loved the idea of focus areas. When you do these areas so often, they never feel like a big chore! 

I also pretty much do a wash load everyday. This means that it never gets too out of control. Having 2 dogs and 2 children, I need to hoover most days too but if we have been out all day, then I wont bother. 
I'll share my cleaning routine but I'll also point out that Jackson is at preschool all day Monday and Wednesdays, so I try to make the most of Florence's naps, hence why I have more things to do on those days: 

Monday 
Washing 
Focus area 
Hoover whole house 
Mop whole house 

Tuesday 
Washing 
Bedrooms - General tidy, dust and change beds 
Hoover 
Meal plan
Ironing - I never do this each week (I do the bare minimum when it comes to ironing and only do it when there is quite a bit built up). 

Wednesday 
Washing 
Clean bathroom 
Kitchen - Clean sides, empty toaster, sink and wipe down the fridge
Hoover 

Thursday 
Washing 
Entrance hall and stairs 
Hoover 
Mop 

Friday 
Washing 
Living room 
Hoover 

Saturday 
Washing 
Hoover 

Sunday 
Washing 
Clean dog bed 
Hoover 

Focus areas are what I do on a Monday, which is when go more thoroughly than I do on a weekly clean: 


Wk 1- Garden- This would involve sweeping up the leaves, sorting the flower pots and having a general tidy up. 
Wk 2- Cupboards/Airing cupboard - I declutter and sort out the 2 big cupboards upstairs. 
Wk 3- Master Bedroom - I clean under the bed, sort through the wardrobe for stuff to donate to Charity and I also deep clean the windows. 
Wk 4- Entrance hall and stairs - We keep our washing machine and tumble drier there so I will deep clean them and also clean the skirting boards up the stairs.
Wk 5- Kids Room- Very similar to the master bedroom, declutter and deep clean. 
Wk 6- Bathroom - I would clean all the tiles and sort out the cupboards. A general deep clean. 
Wk 7- Living Room- sorting through any of the cupboards. We also keep the children's toys here so I would do a quick sort through. 

Wk 8- Kitchen- I would empty and deep clean the fridge and pick a couple of cupboards to go through. 

When writing this, it seems like a lot but when you do it so often, it really doesn't take long and it's such a good feeling when you have a clean and minimal house (whatever minimal means to you)! 

How do you fit it all in? I have had a cleaner in the past and am definitely thinking about it again when baby number 3 comes. 

Love 
Sophia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment