Wednesday 13 January 2016

Jackson's first sleepover

On Monday night, we had a booking at the Hand and Flowers!!!!! We actually booked it nearly a year ago, this being the earliest date available, and we still only got an 8:45pm booking (must be a popular place!). I asked my Mum to look after Jackson but due to how late the table was booked for, we thought best that Jackson have a sleepover at my Mum's.

She picked him up after work at around 5pm and took him back to her house, which was perfect as it meant I had time for an extra long bath. Chris doesn't get to see Jackson in the morning, so he dropped by my Mum's after he finished work to have a quick cuddle and say goodnight.

I have to admit, it was very nice to get ready with out little hands helping me or adding dribble to my outfit!



When we got to the Hand and Flowers we both had a cocktail while we waited for our table.



I'm afraid that after that snap, we got carried away and forgot to take any more pictures, but I can tell you that it was amazing. I had a starter of 'Crispy Pig's Head with Pickled Pineapple, Sage and Onion Puree, Pancetta and Crackling'. Then, for my main, I had 'Slow Cooked Duck Breast "a l'Orange" with Duck Sausage, Girolle and Rillette Tart'.

Chris had a starter of 'Pork and Mushroom Terrine with Dill, Pickles and Toasted Sourdough', then a main of 'Loin of Cotswold Venison with Boudin Noir Puree, Allotment Roots, Ragout Pie and Cow Puff'.

We had every intention of getting at least a dessert to share, but unfortunatly we were too full! Maybe I can use that as an excuse to go back again to try sometime! ;)

Jackson was as good for my Mum as he is with us but we did miss him loads! He was dropped off just after 9am the next day so my Mum could get to work. Of course my Mum sent us loads of photos to keep our nerves at bay while we were out!





We really enjoyed our night out and Jackson had a really lovely time at Yaya's. 

Love Sophia xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment