Monday 22 October 2018

What My Kids Ate - Oct

We have been using the Grow Clock for Jackson again recently, as he was getting up sooooo early all the time. We now have it set it for 7am and, with it being so dark in the morning, he generally stays in bed until then. 
He was down stairs before me this morning. I got down about 7:15am and made his breakfast straight away. He started with his 'coffee' (just milk in his elephant cup) and a bowl of multi grain cereal. 


Then, for his second course (thats right - we have courses for breakfast!), he had toast with honey and some strawberries. He ate all of it, leaving just the crusts. 



We were at my mums last night until late, so Florence had an epic lie in and I had to wake her at 8:50am to go and drop Jacks at preschool! Then, when we got back, we had just enough time to grab some breakfast on the go, before heading to a school visit for Jackson. 

Florence had her milk and the cereal but she didn't have the Soreen bar until she woke up after her nap later on. 


Jackson was in a full day at Preschool, so I made him his pack lunch. He had Dairylea Dunkers, a yogurt, grapes, blueberries and a homemade banana cake. Jackson ate most of it, minus a few blueberries and some of the cake. 


Florence had a similar lunch - Dairylea Dunkers, blueberries and strawberries. She ate all the fruit and about half of the bread sticks. 



After preschool, Jackson is always soooooooooooooooo hungry. I made a bowl of blueberries, grapes and strawberries and started on dinner straight away. The kids do eat other fruits as well as berries but this has just been their fruit of choice today! 


Dinner tonight was an easy one as I had made it a while ago, so it was just a case of taking it out of the freezer and popping in the oven for 20mins. We mostly eat the same as the kids but tonight we are having prawn stir fry, which wont be nice reheated, so I tend to have a few meals that I have made previously in the freezer for times like this. 
I made them corn on the cob as well, as I did forget that there was sweetcorn mixed into the meal, but at the moment Florence is going through a fussy food period so if its not sweetcorn or fish fingers, she barely eats it. Like I expected, she just ate the corn on the cob and I'm pretty sure she didn't even touch the fish pie, which used to be one of her favourite meals. Jackson ate the whole thing, even though he announced beforehand that he doesn't like fish pie! 


For pudding, I gave them both yogurt. I don't remember ordering muller corners but Chris was here to collect the shopping so it may have been a substitute. Needless to say, Jackson was over the moon!!! Florence had the little one. 


Hope you enjoyed a day in my kids' tummies! Let me know if you have a suddenly fussy eater and have any tips - hoping it's a quick phase that she's going through. 

Love Sophia xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment