Wednesday 31 October 2018

A special weekend

This weekend, Chris and I managed to get away for 2 nights by ourselves. We left after Chris finished work on Friday, at about 6:30pm, and then didn't return until Sunday morning!!! 

My sister had bought me a 'buyagift.com' voucher for 2 nights away and my Mum kindly offered to look after the kids for us. It was so lovely to have some time to ourselves. We went to St Albans where we ate loads, did some Christmas shopping, visited the Cathedral and, on Saturday night, went to the cinema to see Bohemian Rhapsody, which was amazing!!!!! 


We were going to come back late on Sunday but due to my working schedule at the moment, we don't get much family time all together, so we headed back early and picked the kids up at 10:30am.

We had a Halloween fun-filled day planned and the first stop was to pick up our pumpkins from a local farm. We were originally going to go pumpkin picking, like we have for the last few years, but we didn't really have enough time. Of course we did manage to get some gorgeous pictures of the kiddies though!






When we got home, we started with the carving. Florence is obviously a bit too little for that though, so we also let the kids paint their pumpkins. Florence LOVED this! I did so much more craft stuff with Jackson when he was little and now he's at preschool he does it there too, so I really need to make sure that I do more with Florrie. 



Our boiler had unfortunately broken on our return home so I was wearing a hat and Jacks wanted to copy so wore Chris' hat! 



Things got messy quickly, haha! 


Jackson took it all very seriously. 

Afterwards, we let the kids watch a movie, mainly so we could clean up but also, a weekend at Yaya's meant 2 very tired children. Jackson has always loved being snuggly when watching a movie, which has started to rub off on Florence! Although, this angelic scene lasted all of 10 mins max, before they were up making a mess and asking for more food again. 




For dinner, it was very basic, mainly because we had VERY little food in the house (food shop was coming at 8pm) but they had a big lunch anyway. We did have to eat it in the dark with the candles on in mine and Chris' pumpkins, at Jackson's orders! The kids' ones were too wet still. 


For me, it was a perfect end to an amazing weekend. We also penciled in with my mum for our anniversary weekend in 2 years, so that we can go away again, haha! We so needed it and they loved 2 sleepovers at my mum's, which gave some special bonding time with her. 

Thanks to my mum for looking after the kids and dogs and thanks to my sister for the voucher! 

Love Sophia xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment