Friday 30 September 2016

Sweet Potato Crips

I think I must have one of the hungriest toddlers ever, who quite often wants to eat again only an hour after having his breakfast! All the shop-brought healthy baby snacks are brilliant and handy at times, however, the cost quickly racks up when you buy them all the time. It was for this reason that I decided to hit Pinterest to try and come up with some new ideas for homemade on-the-go snacks. 

After looking for a while, I found these Sweet Potato Crisps. They are sooooo easy and cheap to make and, while they do take a while from start to finish, they don't need constant attention so you can just leave them in the oven to cook. I have made these loads of times now and feel that I have perfected the process!

Here is how you do it...

Firstly, you just need a sweet potato (a small one is plenty for a toddler and a few for mummy) and some olive oil. I have been using 'Fry Light', as you really only need a tiny amount. 


I use a food processor with the cutter attachment for the quickest and neatest shapes. However, most cheese graters have the slicer bit on them, or you can just cut them with a knife, but I would try to cut them as thin as possible. 


Then you lay all of the slices out on a baking tray - I have 4 baking trays that I use (told you it makes loads) and you then spray them with a tiny amount of the fry light/olive oil. 


Next, you simply pop them into a pre heated oven at 120c for 1 hour. After the timer has gone, you will need to get them out and flip them over before putting them back into the oven for another 40 mins. 


They made need longer if they still look and feel moist, depending on your oven. 

Once they cool down a bit, they are ready for snack time! 


If I was making them just for adults, a bit of garlic & salt or paprika & salt would taste amazing too. 

Let me know if you make these or if you have any other good ideas for homemade toddler snacks!

Love Sophia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment