Sunday 2 October 2016

Weekly Meal Plan

Our new baby is on the way, so we are trying to save as much money as possible - one of my tricks is meal planning.

When meal planning, I don't tend to work out meals for specific days of the week, as I just decide what I want to eat/make each day, depending on what I fancy. I also bulk-make some of the meals, so that I don't have to cook every day. I either put some in the freezer or just keep it in the fridge for a couple of days. I also try to make things that Jackson will eat as well, so he can have the same as us. 

I normally make dinner, or at least part of it, at lunchtime, when Jackson is asleep, as it means we get to eat at a reasonable time when he goes to bed. I also found this helpful when I was suffering from all day sickness in the first few months of pregnancy because it stopped me getting too hungry, otherwise I would end up feeling worse. 

Below, I have listed this week's meal plan:

Feta and spinach pie - This is Chris' favourite, it's a brilliant lunchtime meal too. 

Joe's Chicken Pie - Another of our favourites (I think we are fans of Filo pastry).

Sausage and Lentil Casserole - This is similar to a recipe I make, except I don't use red wine and put loads more vegetables in it. If we have any sweet chilli jam I also put a tablespoon of that in, as it gives it a bit of a kick. This is also my favourite regular meal.

Lamb and apricot stew - A really tasty one and works well for leftover-lunch too.

Chicken, goats cheese and cherry tomato bake - This is a brilliant dinner party recipe and can be prepared ahead of time and then just put in the oven when guests arrive. 

What are your favourite recipes? 

Love Sophia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment