Thursday 10 November 2016

Toddler Snacks - Roasted Peas

Like I said in my previous Toddler Snack blog, Sweet Potato Crisps, Jackson LOVES to eat. I thought that I would share another healthy, easy and low cost toddler snack. This one is Roasted Peas - yes thats right, I am going to roast peas!!!! Even though my toddler loves to eat, vegetables are not his favourite, so I have to think of clever ways to get them in him! 

All you need for this is 3 ingredients:

Frozen peas (thawed)

Oil - in the first picture, you will notice extra virgin olive oil, but then I remembered I had Fry-Light, which works much better as you really don't need a lot of it.

Garlic Powder - You can use a different herb or seasoning if you prefer.



You need to make sure that the thawed peas are as dry as possible.


Spray the peas with your fry light, add a little seasoning and give them a good mix. 


Set your oven to 190c and add your peas. I put them in for 15 mins to start with and then for  an additional 10 mins, after giving them a mix. 


This is what they are like when they are cooked; great for babies learning their pincer grip! 


Let me know if you have a go at making them. 

Love Sophia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment