A friend had mentioned to me to take with us:
- Toilet roll - you can buy more at the shop there but it is quite expensive.
- Dishwasher tablets - again, you are provided with some but not enough for the week and it is cheaper to bring some from home than to buy in the on-site shop.
- Towels for swimming
Next time, I would also bring:
- Washing up liquid - none was provided at the cabin
- Kitchen Roll
- Coffee machine - we actually did take this with us this time, which was an absolute treat (we do like our coffee)!!!
- Bird/Animal feed - there are so many birds and animals around the cabins; we gave them some bread but if you bring proper bird feed, I am sure you would be able to see loads more.
- If you are going with a toddler/child and you have to stay in in the evenings, a few DVD's and blankets would be lovely (also wine if you are able to drink!!!).
- You spend so much time outside because of the different activities so I would have definitely packed so many more layers given the chance again. When walking at night I was generally fine but when on the bike I was freezing!
- The kitchen was a little basic so one thing that I brought was a Lasagne that I had made at home and which just needed heating up. I would have brought more meals like this as it was so much easier (eating out with a toddler is just not as relaxing as eating at home!).
Let me know if you have any other suggestions on what we should take next time!
Love Sophia xxx