Wednesday 11 January 2017

36 Week Pregnancy Update

Here is my 36 week pregnancy update...
Symptoms: This week has been an emotional roller coaster. I think this is partly down to recovering from all the late nights and craziness of the Christmas period, but also...

On Friday, I went to a midwife appointment (with a different midwife to my normal one) which started really positively and she seemed to think that I would be an ideal candidate for a natural delivery. After taking my blood pressure, she then said that it was higher that normal BUT not too high. She then went on to say that if I have a headache (which I did) I would have to ring the Birth Centre. I had also felt very faint the day before and was seeing a few spots in my eyesight, so she took bloods to double check that I didn't have preeclampsia. She managed to race through the blood test but it was still the longest 6 hour wait ever!!!! Luckily it came back all clear and my blood pressure is back to normal now. 
Then, I had the next VBAC (Vaginal Birth After C-section) appointment. The Nurse seemed to say completely different things to what I had been told previously, leading to me having a break down in the hospital, which was very embarrassing (I am an ugly crier!). In the end though, it was a very positive appointment and I am still on track for a natural birth. I have another appointment at 40 weeks, so will have another talk then (if baby hasn't made an appearance by then - fingers crossed I wont have to go to that appointment!). 
We have also got our bums in gear and finally painted the nursery at the weekend. We then got all of the bits down from the loft and made a list of what else we needed, which I am pleased to say was very small. Tomorrow, Chris is not working, so we are heading out to get the last bits and then we are completely ready (or as ready as you can be) for the baby to arrive! 
Braxton Hicks has been happening very often but thankfully they haven't been very strong. Crazy that I didn't really get any last time but this time I have had loads!  
Food Cravings: Nothing unusual. 
Movement: Lots of movement but all at the front, so I think the baby might be back to back!! 
Sleep: Sleep has been difficult with lots of tossing a turning again.
Things I am Missing: Not feeling tired for more than 5mins!
Best Moment: Getting Beebee's room painted.
Worst Moment: Thinking I could potentially have preeclampsia.
Love Sophia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment