This Christmas, I wanted to make some homemade presents with Jackson. After hours on 'Pinterest', I decided to make salt-dough ornaments. They were so easy to make and were so much fun too!
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup water
- Mix the salt and flour together
- Then slowly add the water to make a bread dough consistency
- Roll out the dough to a 1cm thickness
- Use your favourite cutter to make your shape
- You can then place them in the oven to dry. I did one more step and used Jackson's hand to make a print on the shapes. I also had a cute idea and used my dog's paws to make so doggie paw prints. You can also add a small hole on one corner to thread some ribbon through later for hanging.
- Pre-set your oven to 80C. Place all the ornaments on a baking tray and bake them for about 3 hours. My ornaments were quite big so took about 5 hours to dry.
- You can leave them as they are or you can get your paints and glitter out to decorate them.
I am so happy with how they turned out. Can't wait to give them to people for Christmas!
Let me know if any of you give it a go and how you get on.
Love Sophia xx