Monday 7 December 2015

Salt-dough Ornaments

This Christmas, I wanted to make some homemade presents with Jackson. After hours on 'Pinterest', I decided to make salt-dough ornaments. They were so easy to make and were so much fun too! 

Ingredients 
  • 1 cup salt
  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 1 cup water 



Directions 
  • Mix the salt and flour together
  • Then slowly add the water to make a bread dough consistency 
  • Roll out the dough to a 1cm thickness
  • Use your favourite cutter to make your shape
  • You can then place them in the oven to dry. I did one more step and used Jackson's hand to make a print on the shapes. I also had a cute idea and used my dog's paws to make so doggie paw prints. You can also add a small hole on one corner to thread some ribbon through later for hanging.
  • Pre-set your oven to 80C. Place all the ornaments on a baking tray and bake them for about 3 hours. My ornaments were quite big so took about 5 hours to dry.
  • You can leave them as they are or you can get your paints and glitter out to decorate them. 

I am so happy with how they turned out. Can't wait to give them to people for Christmas! 

Let me know if any of you give it a go and how you get on. 

Love Sophia xx


No comments:

Post a Comment