Wednesday 16 December 2015

Tuna Croquettes

I always found making food for Jackson quite difficult. I sometimes felt that he ended up eating the same things day in day out, which is why I used Pinterest a lot and was constantly searching Amazon for the best cook book. That is how I came across the Baby-Led Weaning Cookbook. This gives simple recipes that even parents can eat, however most are quite bland and boring to me so I tend not to eat them as well!

Today I thought I would make him the 'Tuna Croquettes'

Ingredients 

  • 2 large potatoes
  • 185g tuna 
  • Juice of 1 lime (however I didn't have this so used a satsuma instead)
  • 25g butter
  • 25g bread crumbs 

Method
  • Peel and chop the potatoes and then boil them until soft
  • When the potatoes are cooked, drain and mash them 
(Jackson tried to help!)
  • Add the tuna, butter and lime juice
  • Shape the mixture into sausage shapes and roll in the bread crumbs 
  • Add to a baking tray and cook at 200C for 20 mins

With this meal, I also gave him green peppers, cucumber, raspberries and blueberries.

And now for the all important taste test.....


Oh dear!!!!! I don't think it was as bad as Jackson made out though, as even though he did pull the funny faces, he did go on to eat it all!

Let me know if you have any good recipes to recommend. 

Love Sophia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment