Tuesday 13 December 2016

DIY Gifts

Last year, I made some salt dough ornaments, with Jackson, as gifts for family members. I loved doing this but thought that I would get my creative-hat on and think of something else to do this year...

I took a trip to Hobby Craft, (be warned, anyone thinking of visiting with a toddler - I took Jackson with me and he took the basket around with him and filled it up very quickly!). Jackson loved all of the shiny ballon weights, paints and Christmassy bits. We did also have a melt down though, when I took the basket off of him to pay for only a small selection of the items he had put in there!!

Eventually we came out with these Ginger Bread Man hanging decorations.


One of Jackson's favourite things is painting, so I thought that this year I would just let him get stuck straight in with the paints. I picked a festive green and red for the main colours.





I waited until they were dry and then gave him the glue and some glitter to have fun with!





I am so happy with how they came out, Jackson seemed really pleased with himself too! 


I just added his name and the year on the back. 

Have you done any DIY gifts with your little ones this year? 

Love Sophia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment